Date: July 6th, 2013
Welcome to SMSTab ("SMSTab," "we," "us" or "our"). SMSTab provides a fast, beautiful and fun way for you to share SMS through our content-sharing platform.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an SMSTab account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile. This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on SMSTab.
- User Content that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and SMSTab. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service.
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing.
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service.
- Develop and test new products and features.
- Diagnose or fix technology problems.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside SMSTab (or the group of companies of which SMSTab is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which SMSTab, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- SMSTab, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, SMSTab cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to SMSTab or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and SMSTab, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to SMSTab make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
How long we keep your User Content:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, please contact us directly at email@example.com
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, SMSTab, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
SMSTab does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 12+ or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 12+. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 12+ without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 12+, please contact us at email@example.com
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
8. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of an SMSTab User, please send us an email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US